Hi guys, this photo is about The Algonquin Round Table - Sit At An Iconic Literary Landmark (Extended Interview) (nice Algonquin Table #11). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1901 x 1069. It's file size is only 200 KB. Wether You desired to download This attachment to Your laptop, you should Click here. You might also download more images by clicking the following photo or see more at here: Algonquin Table.
11 attachments of The Algonquin Round Table - Sit At An Iconic Literary Landmark (Extended Interview) (nice Algonquin Table #11)
Context of The Algonquin Round Table - Sit At An Iconic Literary Landmark
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
AlgonquinAl•gon•quin (al gong′kin, -kwin),USA pronunciation n., pl. -quins, (esp. collectively) -quin for 1, 3, adj.
- a member of a group of North American Indian tribes formerly along the Ottawa River and the northern tributaries of the St. Lawrence.
- their speech, a dialect of Ojibwa, of the Algonquian family of languages.
Roundround1 (round),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., adv., prep., v.
- having a flat, circular surface, as a disk.
- ring-shaped, as a hoop.
- curved like part of a circle, as an outline.
- having a circular cross section, as a cylinder;
- spherical or globular, as a ball.
- shaped more or less like a part of a sphere;
- free from angularity;
consisting of full, curved lines or shapes, as handwriting or parts of the body.
- executed with or involving circular motion.
- full, complete, or entire: a round dozen.
- noting, formed, or expressed by an integer or whole number with no fraction.
- expressed, given, or exact to the nearest multiple or power of ten;
in tens, hundreds, thousands, or the like: in round numbers.
- roughly correct;
approximate: a round guess.
- considerable in amount;
ample: a round sum of money.
- brought to completeness or perfection.
- full and sonorous, as sound.
- vigorous or brisk: a round trot.
- straightforward, plain, or candid;
outspoken: a round scolding.
- positive or unqualified: a round assertion.
- any round shape, as a circle, ring or sphere.
- a circular, ring-shaped, curved, or spherical object;
a rounded form.
- something circular in cross section, as a rung of a ladder or chair.
- Sometimes, rounds. a completed course of time, series of events or operations, etc., ending at a point corresponding to that at the beginning: We waited through the round of many years.
- any complete course, series, or succession: The strike was settled after a long round of talks; a round of parties.
- Often, rounds. a going around from place to place, as in a habitual or definite circuit: a doctor's rounds.
- a completed course or spell of activity, commonly one of a series, in some play or sport: the second round of a tournament.
- a recurring period of time, succession of events, duties, etc.: the daily round.
- an entire range: the round of human capabilities.
- a single outburst, as of applause or cheers.
- a single discharge of shot by each of a number of guns, rifles, etc.
- a single discharge by one firearm.
- a charge of ammunition for a single shot.
- a single serving, esp. of drink, made more or less simultaneously to everyone present, as at table or at a bar: The next round is on me.
- See round dance.
- movement in a circle or around an axis.
- Also, round of beef. the portion of the thigh of beef below the rump and above the leg. See diag. under beef.
- See round steak.
- a slice, as of bread.
- [Archery.]a specified number of arrows shot from a specified distance from the target in accordance with the rules.
- one of a series of three-minute periods making up a boxing match: a 15-round bout.
- a short, rhythmical canon at the unison, in which the several voices enter at equally spaced intervals of time.
- rounds, the order followed in ringing a peal of bells in diatonic sequence from the highest to the lowest.
- [Golf.]a playing of the complete course.
- [Cards.]a division of play in a game, consisting of a turn each for every player to bid, bet, play a card, deal the cards, or be dealt cards.
- in the round:
- (of a theater) having a stage completely surrounded by seats for the audience.
- in the style of theater-in-the-round: The play should be done in the round.
- in complete detail;
from all aspects: a character as seen in the round.
- (of sculpture) not attached to a supporting background;
- make the rounds:
- to go from one place to another, as in making deliveries, paying social visits, or seeking employment.
- Also, go the rounds. to be reported or told;
circulate: another rumor making the rounds.
- throughout or from the beginning to the end of a recurring period of time: all year round.
- Also, 'round. around: The music goes round and round.
- throughout (a period of time): a resort visited all round the year.
- around: It happened round noon.
- to make round.
- to free from angularity;
fill out symmetrically;
- to bring to completeness or perfection;
- to form (a gem) roughly (sometimes fol. by up);
- to end (a sentence, paragraph, etc.) with something specified: He rounded his speech with a particularly apt quotation.
- to encircle or surround.
- to make a complete circuit of;
pass completely around.
- to make a turn or partial circuit around or to the other side of: to round a corner.
- to cause to move in a circle;
- to make the opening at (the lips) relatively round or pursed during an utterance.
- to pronounce (a speech sound, esp. a vowel) with rounded lips;
- to contract (the lips) laterally. Cf. spread (def. 14), unround.
- to replace by the nearest multiple of 10, with 5 being increased to the next highest multiple: 15,837 can be rounded to 15,840;
then to 15,800;
then to 16,000.
- to become round.
- to become free from angularity;
- to develop to completeness or perfection.
- to take a circular course;
make a circuit, as a guard.
- to make a turn or partial circuit around something.
- to turn around as on an axis: to round on one's heels.
- to reduce successively the number of digits to the right of the decimal point of a mixed number by dropping the final digit and adding 1 to the next preceding digit if the dropped digit was 5 or greater, or leaving the preceding digit unchanged if the dropped digit was 4 or less.
- round off:
- to complete or perfect;
- to express as a round number, usually to the nearest multiple of 10.
- round out:
- to complete or perfect: The new coin rounded out his collection.
- to fill out;
become rounder: She rounded out so nicely that everyone soon forgot she had been so ill.
- round to, [Naut.]to turn a sailing vessel in the direction from which the wind is blowing.
- round up:
- to drive or bring (cattle, sheep, etc.) together.
- to assemble;
gather: to round up all the suspects in an investigation.
Tableta•ble (tā′bəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -bled, -bling, adj.
- an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
- such a piece of furniture specifically used for serving food to those seated at it.
- the food placed on a table to be eaten: She sets a good table.
- a group of persons at a table, as for a meal, game, or business transaction.
- a gaming table.
- a flat or plane surface;
a level area.
- a tableland or plateau.
- a concise list or guide: a table of contents.
- an arrangement of words, numbers, or signs, or combinations of them, as in parallel columns, to exhibit a set of facts or relations in a definite, compact, and comprehensive form;
a synopsis or scheme.
- (cap.) the constellation Mensa.
- a flat and relatively thin piece of wood, stone, metal, or other hard substance, esp. one artificially shaped for a particular purpose.
- a course or band, esp. of masonry, having a distinctive form or position.
- a distinctively treated surface on a wall.
- a smooth, flat board or slab on which inscriptions may be put.
- the tablets on which certain collections of laws were anciently inscribed: the tables of the Decalogue.
- the laws themselves.
- the inner or outer hard layer or any of the flat bones of the skull.
- a sounding board.
- the upper horizontal surface of a faceted gem.
- a gem with such a surface.
- on the table, [Parl. Proc.]
- [Brit.]submitted for consideration.
- turn the tables, to cause a reversal of an existing situation, esp. with regard to gaining the upper hand over a competitor, rival, antagonist, etc.: Fortune turned the tables and we won. We turned the tables on them and undersold them by 50 percent.
- under the table:
- as a bribe;
secretly: She gave money under the table to get the apartment.
- wait (on) table, to work as a waiter or waitress: He worked his way through college by waiting table.Also, wait tables.
- to place (a card, money, etc.) on a table.
- to enter in or form into a table or list.
- [Parl. Proc.]
- [Chiefly U.S.]to lay aside (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for future discussion, usually with a view to postponing or shelving the matter indefinitely.
- to present (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for discussion.
- of, pertaining to, or for use on a table: a table lamp.
- suitable for serving at a table or for eating or drinking: table grapes.
Sitsit1 (sit),USA pronunciation v., sat or (Archaic) sate;
sat or (Archaic) sit•ten;
- to rest with the body supported by the buttocks or thighs;
- to be located or situated: The house sits well up on the slope.
- to rest or lie (usually fol. by on or upon): An aura of greatness sits easily upon him.
- to place oneself in position for an artist, photographer, etc.;
pose: to sit for a portrait.
- to remain quiet or inactive: They let the matter sit.
- (of a bird) to perch or roost.
- (of a hen) to cover eggs to hatch them;
- to fit, rest, or hang, as a garment: The jacket sits well on your shoulders.
- to occupy a place or have a seat in an official assembly or in an official capacity, as a legislator, judge, or bishop.
- to be convened or in session, as an assembly.
- to act as a baby-sitter.
- (of wind) to blow from the indicated direction: The wind sits in the west tonight.
- to be accepted or considered in the way indicated: Something about his looks just didn't sit right with me.
- to be acceptable to the stomach: Something I ate for breakfast didn't sit too well.
- to cause to sit;
seat (often fol. by down): Sit yourself down. He sat me near him.
- to sit astride or keep one's seat on (a horse or other animal): She sits her horse gracefully.
- to provide seating accommodations or seating room for;
seat: Our dining-room table only sits six people.
- to serve as baby-sitter for: A neighbor can sit the children while you go out.
- sit down:
- to take a seat.
- to descend to a sitting position;
- to take up a position, as to encamp or besiege: The military forces sat down at the approaches to the city.
- sit in:
- to attend or take part as a visitor or temporary participant: to sit in at a bridge game; to sit in for the band's regular pianist.
- to take part in a sit-in.
- sit in on, to be a spectator, observer, or visitor at: to sit in on classes.
- sit on or upon:
- to inquire into or deliberate over: A coroner's jury was called to sit on the case.
- [Informal.]to suppress;
silence: They sat on the bad news as long as they could.
- to check or rebuke;
squelch: I'll sit on him if he tries to interrupt me.
- sit on one's hands:
- to fail to applaud.
- to fail to take appropriate action.
- sit out:
- to stay to the end of: Though bored, we sat out the play.
- to surpass in endurance: He sat out his tormentors.
- to keep one's seat during (a dance, competition, etc.);
fail to participate in: We sat out all the Latin-American numbers.
- sit pretty, to be in a comfortable situation: He's been sitting pretty ever since he got that new job.
- sit tight, to bide one's time;
take no action: I'm going to sit tight till I hear from you.
- sit up:
- to rise from a supine to a sitting position.
- to delay the hour of retiring beyond the usual time.
- to sit upright;
hold oneself erect.
- [Informal.]to become interested or astonished: We all sat up when the holiday was announced.
Atat1 (at; unstressed ət, it),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate a point or place occupied in space);
in, on, or near: to stand at the door; at the bottom of the barrel.
- (used to indicate a location or position, as in time, on a scale, or in order): at zero; at age 65; at the end; at the lowest point.
- (used to indicate presence or location): at home; at hand.
- (used to indicate amount, degree, or rate): at great speed; at high altitudes.
- (used to indicate a direction, goal, or objective);
toward: Aim at the mark. Look at that.
- (used to indicate occupation or involvement): at work; at play.
- (used to indicate a state or condition): at ease; at peace.
- (used to indicate a cause or source): She was annoyed at his stupidity.
- (used to indicate a method or manner): He spoke at length.
- (used to indicate relative quality or value): at one's best; at cost.
- be at (someone), to be sexually aggressive toward (a person): She's pregnant again because he's at her morning, noon, and night.
- where it's at, [Informal.]the place where the most interesting or exciting things happen: Emma says that Rome is definitely where it's at now.
Anan1 (ən; when stressed an),USA pronunciation indefinite article.
The Algonquin Round Table - Sit At An Iconic Literary Landmark (Extended Interview) (nice Algonquin Table #11) has been selected by the newly-married couple to complete your house. As well as its design that is contemporary but nonetheless basic, this desk also been on account of several advantages such as could possibly be used of collecting together a young childis understanding, the household as a means, a place to place the kitchen equipment and so on.
- the form of a before an initial vowel sound (an arch;
an honor) and sometimes, esp. in British English, before an initial unstressed syllable beginning with a silent or weakly pronounced h: an historian.
This stand is generally coupled with a-mini kitchen but can also be positioned on another place. Pricing table can also be cheaper than different table due to its small-size. If you want to get this desk, there's in listening to some design multifunctional club table below for motivation, no injury.
The The Algonquin Round Table - Sit At An Iconic Literary Landmark (Extended Interview) (nice Algonquin Table #11) suited to the modern type of home place. This mini-table includes a sleek appearance that is rectangular to create it search more respectable for a couple that is young that is vibrant. Therefore didn't commit much time a young couple who're super hectic, contemporary platforms are also more easily addressed and washed.
This stand is sold with natural or metallic shade for example grey, dark or white. Seats are used not excessive and also basic using 3 seats' number. As the measurement isn't too large, this desk is just useful for eating alone and chattering. Components used ie metal.
The The Algonquin Round Table - Sit At An Iconic Literary Landmark (Extended Interview) (nice Algonquin Table #11) suited to natural kind of kitchen place. This natural table has a square-shape that's thicker than wood or MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) as a way to produce a more natural impact. This table includes natural shades like brown.
Tabletops wider such that it can be used to place fruits, kitchen items for example spoons, discs, etc. Chairs was once trim having a spherical or square feet are tiny and thin in order to avoid the impression of tightness while in the home.